People ask a lot of questions regarding the UPS. We have discussed several questions in our previous articles and today we are going to talk about the stolen package and Is UPS responsible for the stolen package or not. If you are here looking for the answer to this question then read the entire article.
If your package is delivered by UPS and you think that it might have got stolen. Then, first of all, you are required to inform the UPS authorities either online or offline so that they can help you to locate your package. If still, you do not find your lost package then file a claim. You can receive the amount up to the declared value of the content of your package. These are the steps to file a claim:
- Report Lost package- Both receiver and shippers can file a report of the lost package but loss can only be the sender and receiver both belong to the United States of America
- UPS package search-Then UPS carry out the investigation, It usually takes 7-10 business days
- Claim authorized- If UPS doesn’t find the package then you will get the authorized mail.
- Review of documents by UPS- Documents will be reviewed by UPS
- Claim paid- After all the above process you will get the amount for your claim.